1. WHAT WAS THE FIRST RECORD YOU OWNED?
hmmmm. i don't remember. likely something from sesame street, i
know my brother and i used to sing some counting song as kids
the first album i bought myself was prolly thriller. even so
young, i loved the dark side baby.
though, on that note, this is scary:
2.IS THERE A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU MOST OF YOUR CHILDHOOD?
cat stevens. especially, "moonshadow".
yes, i'm a hippie in disguise, shap.
3. IF YOU COULD SPEND A NIGHT WITH FIVE MUSICAL ARTISTS - THREE FOR THEIR MINDS AND TWO FOR THEIR BODIES - WHO WOULD THEY BE?
Cat Stevens -- in today's climate, would love to see what a hippie turned
muslim has to say.
Steve Bartek (Oingo Boingo) -- tall, dark, goofy, mmmmmmmmmmm. *sigh*
Marky Mark -- hey, he's hot in that dumb plastic way... perfect for doing
Oh, dammit, now I'm thinking of Bartek. mmmmmmmm.
4. IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT SONG/BAND WOULD PLAY OVER THE FOLLOWING:
*** OPENING CREDITS
Machines of Loving Grace - Butterfly Wings
*** LOVE SCENE
Stromkern - My Salvation
*** DRIVING SCENE THAT CONSISTS MAINLY OF FLASHBACKS AND LOVE LOST
Smithereens - Blood and Roses
*** CLOSING CREDITS
Assemblage 23 - Document
*** ANY OTHER SCENES?
High School: Tori Amos - Silent All These Years
(yes, i was really quiet once)
Living in Utah: Jane's Addiction - Jane Says
Leaving Utah: Toad the Wet Sprocket - Walk On the Ocean
Living in SF: And One - Sometimes
and Black Dog feat. Ofra Haza - Babylon
Leaving SF: VNV Nation - Dark Angel
Dad's death scene itself should be noize, Not Breathing likely.
The montage for the flashbacks should be: Tori Amos - Winter
I honestly still can't listen to that without crying.
5. IF APPLICABLE, NAME A SONG OR CONCERT THAT MOVED YOU TO TEARS
Well, other than as above... Sugar concert... I cried for the bleeding
my ears did. I wished I weren't part of the promoter group working
that show so I could just bloody well leave. Sigh.
More seriously, Sisters of Mercy, Dark Harvest 3. I managed to
coordinate housing and transportation for 40 goths from Pittsburgh
and Ottawa (don't ask)... finally getting to the show without
falling over dead was something. This probably marks my last
real full-fledged goth period too... after that show I've not
been interested in organizing on that scale anymore.
6. WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY?
nothing. no, classical if anything.
well, if just content-happy, that's when i look for new music.
i'll dig into older favorites from my collection... familiar stuff.
if i'm *really* sadistic and wanting to drown in depression, the
pink floyd comes out.
HARD GERMAN ANGRY INDUSTRIAL TECHNO KILL THE WORLD GRR!!!
(normal mode, clearly)
7. NAME ONE MUSICAL ARTIST YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE BANISHED.
I like both beep's and matt's answers on this, so I'll leave it alone. :)
8. NAME A SONG YOU WOULD RATHER NEVER HEAR AGAIN
Madonna - Ray of Light. It'd be a fine song if she'd sing on pitch.
9. NAME AN ALBUM THAT IS PERFECT ALL THE WAY THROUGH - NO FILLER, NO BAD STUFF
Holst - The Planets
10. MUSIC YOU LIKE THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED A GUILTY PLEASURE
All of it, duh.
11. IF YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION WAS ABOUT TO GO UP IN FLAMES, WHICH FIVE CD'S WOULD YOU Save?
Just one: the original master's copy of the Succubus Club soundtrack.
I am actually looking at getting a safety deposit box for it. It's
not the monetary worth that I keep it for, though... it's a big
symbol of the friendship Patrick and I have shared, and the small
part I played in his success, for which I'm glad.
12. IS THERE A SONG THAT DESCRIBES YOU OR A SITUATION YOU'VE BEEN IN SO WELL THAT YOU COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT?
Tori Amos - Winter
Actually, most of that album walks me through my post-high school years.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDTRACK?
depends on the day. I'm digging on Strange Days this week.
14. BEST MUSIC-RELATED MOVIE?
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ALL-TIME VIDEO?
ok, not *video* .. the 1985 Oingo Boingo Farewell Concert.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Steve Bartek.
16. CURRENT FAVORITE RADIO HIT?
radio? uhm, prolly NPR. oh yah, Fresh Air has Frank Miller on it
17. DO YOU SING OR PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
violin, badly. flute, badly. piano, abyssmally.
I sang semi-professionally for 20 years, though. Lyric Soprano.