- 13:43 uh, wtf? My iPod Touch isn't updating now?
- 13:43 oh, the cable was apparently not in all the way. Yay!
- 14:03 Dear apple, I am displeased about you outsourcing your support to India. What should be a simple repair is made impossible due to language.
- 14:04 "g-w-e-n.." "e-w-e-n?" "no, G-w-e-n.." "e-w-e-n.." seriously, how hard is this?
- 14:09 And, after all that language difficulty, I'm told, "Go to this URL and email support..." uhm. What?
- 14:16 OK, and now my iPod Touch is telling me it can't be updated to 3.0... huh?
- 14:28 #helpiranelection - show support for democracy in Iran add green overlay to your Twitter avatar with 1-click - helpiranelection.com/
- 14:30 Dammit, my iPod Touch is now totally broken.
- 14:38 OK, at least my iPod Touch is restoring from backup now.
- 14:38 Btw, while bitching at the iTunes process, I'm finally getting the @rccpgh photos done for @cladzilla!
- 14:48 Finally!!!! My iPod Touch is restored, and has 3.0. F'in' A.
- 14:48 uh, cept that none of my programs are on there?
- 15:24 well, crap. I really would like to have my iPod Touch while I bus around town in a few minutes, but it looks like it'll still be syncing.
- 15:29 oh, found the problem. The cable is not very good. Sigh. I'm iPod-less for the day, which means no podcasts, books, or calendar. Crap.
- 15:54 My bus stop claims 59u goes to century 3. Fail.
- 20:07 Holy cow, I am soaked to the bone.
- 20:09 Ah, twitter explains the Bates St traffic. Apparently if I felt more inclined, I could go two blocks to watch Hot Metal Bridge fail.
- 20:14 bah, looking at the weather radar, looks like it'll be a while before I can warm up in the jacuzzi. Curses.
- 20:18 OK, just checked basement, it's damp, but not flooding. We expect damp, so it's OK.
- 20:25 Just talked my brother and sister in law through traffic and weather conditions fed me on internet so that they can make it to Franklin Park
- 20:28 OK, we're at the brief respite from storms. More coming though.
- 20:36 I have the laptop unplugged. The power did blip here once already. The rains are returning to full strength in the Southside too.
- 21:03 OK, we're at a break. Next round of storms just entering Wheeling atm. Flee to your destinations peoples! Now!
- 21:43 Round two of storms coming up.
- 21:46 Why do I keep watching the radar, btw? Because I want to get into my jacuzzi, and the storms need to stop!
- 22:26 Looks like @goob was right! The second wave of storms broke up, or went south of us. Just minor stuff for half an hour, then I jacuzzi!
- 23:44 Now that it's over, I'd like to point out that apparently people thought blowing their horns at the flooding would make it go away.
- 00:07 yay, finally getting jacuzzi time in! So happy.
- 01:47 dammit, I should really take out the trash. But that requires getting dressed.
gwen's Daily Tweets
Hi folks! This Friday and Saturday (April 29 and 30) I'll be in the Renaissance City Choirs production of "Love of Nature, Nature of Love". I'm…
Scenario: Schroedinger has a box with a verified dead cat in it. He hands the box to customer support of a company, who later hands him back that…
I actually cooked a good meal the other night. Like, this is miraculous. Further, it was VERY low pointage for Weight Watchers, and incredibly…